[OpenStack-I18n] language specific view in Zanata

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:21:23 UTC 2016

Hello Robert!

Yes. I am the one who really wanted to such functionality.

On last Austin Summit, we discussed Zanata enhancement requests on I18n
Austin workshop
and Etherpad URL is:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/I18n-Zanata-enhancement .
(I have just added 'Feel free to add here for request' section on this
Etherpad.)

Zanata seems to be enhanced a lot through so many commits.
translate.o.o uses 3.7.3, and current Zanata latest version is 3.9.5
:
https://github.com/zanata/zanata-server/compare/server-3.7.3...server-3.9.5
, and there are more than 1,000 commits!

Alex, could you check which Zanata version will implement (or already
implemented) such functionality?

By the way, currently Stackalytics does not support to apply language
filters (It may be a bug?).
The numbers in 'Contribution by companies', 'Contribution by modules'
and 'Contribution by contributors' are not filtered
by language currently.
For example, numbers using
http://stackalytics.com/?metric=translations&language=german and
http://stackalytics.com/?metric=translations&language=korean%20(south%20korea)
are the same for such sections.

IMO Stackalytics is also nice to check translation progress (although no
percent will be shown).
I set this also in my priority, but currently the priority of
stackalytics is lower than other things listed in
IRC meeting agenda:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/I18nTeamMeeting .