[OpenStack-I18n] Announcing new I18n IRC meeting time and reminder for Oct 6 07:00 UTC

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 12:27:58 UTC 2016

> Hello all,
>
> Today, I would like to announce new I18n IRC meeting time and explain
> detail backgrounds on new meeting time schedule.

Thanks for re-arranging the meeting schedule.

> First of all, our new I18n IRC meeting time will be
> - odd weeks: 1 hour from 13:00 UTC (Oct 13, Oct 27, Nov 10, Nov 24, Dec 8,
> ...)
> - even weeks: 1 hour from 07:00 UTC (Oct 6, Oct 20, Nov 3, Nov 17, Dec 1,
> ...)
>
> Note that it is different from current schedule: 1st and 3rd week in a
> month,
> and the next I18n IRC meeting will be at *07:00 UTC on October 6th 2016*
> in #openstack-meeting IRC channel.
>

> We started discussions on such kind of new IRC meeting schedule from May
> ([1] as subsequent)
> but finalization was not so easy.
> On last I18n meeting [2], me and Kato-san discussed and agreed that
> changing I18n meeting time is worth.
>
> After then, since I have became Ocata PTL for six months, I needed to
> consider again and more.
> The followings are my ideas on new I18n IRC meeting time:
>
> - My participation is indeed needed. However, from October to December
> this year,
>   I am not available neither or 06:00 UTC and 08:00 UTC on every Thursday.
> 07:00 UTC is the only available time slot for me.
>   I really sorry for that.
>
> - Encouragement with standardization is usually the most nice way.
>   Previous schedule (1st and 3rd week in every month) does not fit with
> official eavesdrop.o.o schedule [3],
>   which may prevent more participation from contributors.
>   In my honest opinion, following standards, documenting the logistics
> according to the standards,
>   and meeting reminders to the team will be relevant steps for better I18n
> team.
>   So I proposed new meeting time slots [4], revised I18n meeting
> information [5] with previous meeting logs [6],
>   and now writing this e-mail.

Aligning with the current community way sounds reasonable to me.

I missed many meetings due to the mismatch between my schedule based on ICS
file and the real schedule.

> - Actually I am also busy as other translators and contributors.
>   As you see [6], I have observed that Kato-san participated in I18n teem
> meeting the most,
>   and JF Taltavull also participated in meetings. So I would like to
> nominate them as I18n meeting chairs,
>   and asked the availability on both time. (07:00 UTC is fine for Kato-san
> and 13:00 UTC is fine for JF Taltavull.)
>   Note that every I18n team members can start I18n meeting by using
> "#startmeeting OpenStack I18n Meeting" command
>   (documented in [7]). And I would like to more focus on communications
> and updating related documents [5] [6] and
>   taking actions.

It is a nice idea to have several folks are meeting chairs.

Anyway I hope more folks will be in i18n meetings, though my attendance
will not change a lot.