[OpenStack-I18n] Starting translations for libraries (like djnago-openstack-auth) earlier in Newton?

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 04:40:22 UTC 2016

During the Mitaka RC phase, I released django-openstack-auth only for
translation.
At that time, I was asked from Doug Hellmann, the release manamgement PTL,
whether the i18n team can start translations for libraries earlier,
i.e., sooner before the freeze date of libraries. [1]

Can we do this in Newton or later?

If we accept this, please keep it in mind when planning translation schedule
and make sure to announce it to the team.

I am just sharing information and won't lead this discussion.
I have been coordinating this kind of things for long and now am tired to do it.
I hope someone else takes the role.

Background: django-openstack-auth is a library used by horizon.
In the OpenStack release process, all libraries are frozen
when the milestone-3 is cut.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-March/090112.html