[Openstack-i18n] [release][horizon][i18n] can we release django-openstack-auth of stable/mitaka for translations

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:18:21 UTC 2016

Hi release management team,

Can we have a new release of django-openstack-auth from stable/mitaka
branch for translations?

What is happening?
django-openstack-auth is a library project consumed by Horizon.
The (soft) string freeze happens when the milestone-3 is cut.
The milestone-3 is also the dependency freeze.
This is a dilemma between dependency freeze and translation start,
and there is no chance to import translations of django-openstack-auth
for Mitaka.
There are several updates of translations after 2.2.0 (mitaka) release [1].
As the i18n team, we would like to have a released version of
django-openstack-auth
with up-to-date translations.

Which version?
The current version of django-openstack-auth for Mitaka is 2.2.0.
What version number is recommended, 2.2.1 or 2.3.0?

When?
Hopefully a new version is released soon around Mitaka is shipped.
The current translation deadline is set to Mar 28 (the beginning of
the release week).
In my understanding we avoid releasing a new version of library before
the Mitaka release.
Distributors can choose which version is included in their distribution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:zanata/translations+project:openstack/django_openstack_auth