[Openstack-i18n] Would like Zanata branch to correct 1494819

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Sep 23 16:25:36 UTC 2015

Thank you for looking into it, Illya.
I think we need to fix it, although the manually process might be a little
complex.

I'm going to:
1. Create a new version in Zanata
2. Mark master as read only
2. Pull the source files and the translation files.
3. Change the pluralities settings in Russian translation files.
4. Upload the source files and translation files to the new version.
5. Check if the all things are right, change master version name to
"master-old",
and then change the new version name to "master"

How do you want to update these pluralities then? By program ? Or manually
?
Is it possible to make the changes through Zanata UI, other than uploading
po files ?

Best regards
Ying Chun Guo (Daisy)

Douglas Fish/Rochester/IBM wrote on 09/23/2015 04:38:19 AM:

> From: Douglas Fish/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
> To: ilyaalekseyev at acm.org
> Cc: guoyingc at cn.ibm.com, openstack-i18n at lists.openstack.org
> Date: 09/23/2015 04:38 AM
> Subject: Re: [Openstack-i18n] Would like Zanata branch to correct
1494819

> Hi Ilya,
>
> Thanks for looking at this! Unfortunately having 4 pluralities
> confuses Horizon. I've tested out stripping one of the pluralities
> and restoring the expected Plural-forms definition (just like the
> one you linked) and it works great.
>
> I had hoped to just repair the PO files in this way and upload the
> corrected translations to Zanata.
>
> Unfortunately, I understand from Daisy's research that once a
> language/project has been created in Zanata in this way we cannot
> just upload a PO file with corrected pluralities . More
> investigation will be needed to understand the process to fix this.
>
> Doug

Zanata.

http://localization-guide.readthedocs.org/en/latest/l10n/pluralforms.html