[Openstack-i18n] Approved & rejected translations after versions merging

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Fri Oct 2 17:12:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

A translation could be approved or rejected. This action is called
translation review.
A version merging is to copy all matching translated/approved translations
from the source version to the target version.
If there is an existing translated/approved translation, the newer
translation will be used.
After liberty translations are closed, we will merge translations from
stable-liberty version to master version,
and then open both stable-liberty version and master version to accept
translations.
I investigated whether translation review would be copied after version
merging.

Here are the results:
The review result - "approve" will be copied to the target version, while
the review result - "reject" will not.
Only "rejecting" existing translations will not have the same translations
rejected in master version.
But "approving" existing translations will have the same translations
approved in the master version.
That means, if there are "rejected" translations in stable-liberty, it's
better to input the correct translations.

The investigation result is OK with me.
If you have different opinions, please propose here.
If you want to understand more about version merging, please let me know.

Best regards