[Openstack-i18n] Criteria of core members and active members

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jun 17 18:25:47 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 05:40 PM, Ying Chun Guo wrote:
> Hi, Lyz
>
> In my mind, "active members" here are especially useful when
> distributing free registration codes for the summit.
> As a code/document developer, 1 patch may be deserved for a free code.
> As a translator, translating or reviewing a certain number of words may
> be deserved for that.
>
> "Core members" just like the leading/core team of I18n team.
> "Core members" are especially useful when we need to vote for something,
> just like code/doc developers vote for a patch.
> I don't have specific situations in mind when we need a vote, but
> sometime there would be a need for the vote.

The infrastructure team member do enough to get a free ATC, this
shouldn't be a problem for Lyz or others.

What I take from this discussion is that you need to experiment. Start
with an initial set of rules and change them when we learn more. We'll
all figure things out. And I expect that even if Lyz or myself would not
be cores, you would still ask for our feedback in some areas and
consider it.

> Of course, I hope the infrastructure could support these requirements.
> But it may need time to figure out how to get the list of active members
> or how to vote for a decision in I18n team.
> Your suggestions ?

With Zanata up, we should be able to get some list of contributors,

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)