[Openstack-i18n] Wiki.openstack.org now supports translations

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Oct 22 17:11:12 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 06:18 AM, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
> Thanks for setting up the translation infra in OpenStack Wiki.
> We used it to translate the release note and it turns out really nice.

Great to hear that.

> I have one question on how and when strings in the source languages
> are reflected into translations.
> I added some contents to Neutron release notes according to the
> Neutron meeting discussion,
> but I don't see any change in Japanese translation side (no outdated
> entries).
> Is there any procedure to reflect change in English to translations?

Yes, indeed there is one extra step. Once you edit a page and save it,
the page will show new text on top. For anonymous:

  This page contains changes which are not marked for translation.

The word 'changes' links to the diff. If you're authenticated the text
is slightly different and will allow to mark the new strings for
translation, too.

For example, on Juno release notes the diff is:

https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes/Juno&oldid=65293&diff=66411

And this is the page where you can mark the new strings for translation:

https://wiki.openstack.org/w/index.php?title=Special:PageTranslation&target=ReleaseNotes%2FJuno

Hope this helps,
stef