[Openstack-i18n] [Openstack-docs] Translation gate for doc jobs

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon May 19 17:27:07 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com> wrote:

> Inspired by some discussions here at the summit, I'd like to setup some
> translation gate for jobs.
>
> Patch https://review.openstack.org/93526 (merged) sets up a test that
> can be invoked with "tox -e checklang" which builds all "supported"
> manuals.
>
> I propose the following:
>
> * Setup checking/gating jobs that runs this test and mark it as non-voting.

I'm fine with this, the only difficulty is that we need to be sure there
are knowledgeable people who can troubleshoot when a job fails.

> * Create policy on how to handle failures.

Yep, that's what I need, preferably a contact person.

> Proposed policy:
> * We only gate on manual/language combinations that are translated
> sufficiently. Right now that's for openstack-manuals Japanese with the
> Security Guide, HA Guide and Install Guides only.

Is sufficiently defined as 50% translated or more? Is a single additional
language at 50% enough? Just wanting some metric definition.

> * If an import from transifex fails, creates a failure, we do not
> approve the import.

Agreed.

> * If any other patch fails, the failure might get ignored.
> * In any case of failure, let's send an email to the openstack-i18n
> mailing list asking them to investigate and fix.

Yep, I like the bug idea as well, seems to help with tracking and "is
anyone assigned" sorts of questions.

Thanks for working through this!
Anne