[Openstack-i18n] The meaning of a string to be translated

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 11:21:12 UTC 2014

On 03/06/14 14:37, Marian wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Any update on the strings containing "duration"? They still appear in
> Transifex - Icehouse/Juno Openstack Dashboard Translations.
>
> I know we should consider "duration" as "existence", but what do we
> do with Transifex translation strings? Do we leave them empty or are
> they going to disappear at some point?

Right, I see now that "duration" still exists in order to describe the
different meter types and their description [1], although I can't quite
tell where they are shown on the interface. I'm adding Ladislav to the
cc: so he can perhaps help us to clarify this and also confirm that
these descriptions are not going away and therefore should be translated?

Thank you,

Julie

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/horizon/blob/c1b4269443/openstack_dashboard/api/ceilometer.py#L890