[Openstack-i18n] Horizon translation status update

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 15:42:37 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for your efforts of Icehouse translations.
I would like to share my plan for Horizon translations both for Havana
and Icehouse
and know your opinions.

[Havana]
After Iceehouse is release, the last update of Havana (2013.2.4) is planned [1].
As far as I checked Transifex translations, a couple of languages have updates
since Havana 2013.2.2 (released Feb 13). IMO it is better to import translations
for the last coming Havana update. Thought?

[Icehouse]
As we did for Havana stable updates, we have a plan to import translations
for each stable Icehouse update. The first two stable updates are good chances
to update our translations.

[Juno]

Juno translations of Horizon are now marked as "translation is not accepted"
to avoid confusions. I will remove this restriction once Icehouse is released.
As you may know, it does not fit for translations as many changes will happen
in the next half year.  INSTEAD I would suggest to report issues to Horizon
if you feel difficulties during translating for Icehouse or have
improvement requests.
(Of course this list can be used to discuss these topics too.)

The exact dates both for Havana and Icehouse will be determined
after the next OpenStack Summit is over.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranchRelease#Planned_stable.2Fhavana_releases