[Openstack-i18n] Collecting requirements to translation tools

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Oct 28 16:48:08 UTC 2013

On 10/26/2013 07:50 AM, Federico Leva (Nemo) wrote:
> * "API to gather statistics about translators": do you mean API
> providing the stats or API to make your own? MediaWiki has extensive
> API, for ready stats see
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Translate/Statistics_and_reporting

Our special need here is to gather stats for the individual translators.
We need to be able to see not just the advancements of each language but
also be able to recognize the individual translators. I can't see from
the page you linked how easy it is to do this.

> * "Cross-project glossary and dictionary": yes, see the translation
> memory already mentioned.

This is not clear. TM is one thing, glossary and dict are a different
thing. Can you give us more details?

> *  "Easily see the translating context" is our pet peeve, see interface
> <https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Translate_manual_-_Page_example_-_19._Documentation.png>

I don't understand that screenshot: where is the context exactly?

> * "Roadmap": it's public.
> <https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/buglist.cgi?component=Translate&product=MediaWiki%20extensions&product=Wikimedia&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&order=priority%2Cbug_severity%2Cbug_id%20DESC>

better than a kick in the teeth :) For roadmap I usually think of a high
level description of a list of new features to add, the vision for the
project/product in the next months.

thanks,
stef