[Openstack-i18n] Consensus on translation update deadline for future stable update

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 16:07:47 UTC 2013

As you may know, I discussed the deadline of translation import for
stable release update
with stable-maint team and we have a good consensus on it.
It applies to future stable maintenance updates too.

     For the stable maintenance updates, the deadline of translation updates
     from I18N team is freeze+3 days.

It is worth documented in StableBranch wiki page.

Although it sometimes be short when considering holidays/vacations or
other reasons,
IMO 3 days is a enough period to catch up our translations because
stable updates
would not have many string updates.

As a next step we should have a similar consensus for normal release.
The situation for normal release is different from stable updates, but
it is important
to make translation updates (I18N team work) a part of the release process.
I believe Daisy will coordinate the discussion.