[OpenStack-docs] openstack-doc-tools on Launchpad

Alexandra Settle a.settle at outlook.com
Tue Feb 14 10:09:34 UTC 2017

But I'm quite happy to go the other direction if people would prefer. We could add a note to the openstack-manuals description instructing people to file tools and theme bugs in their respective projects, and then migrate all those bugs out of openstack-manuals. We'd also need to update the contributor guide appropriately.
The end goal is making it clear for reporters where they should file bugs, and making it clear for contributors where to look for bugs. On the one hand, it makes sense to keep tools, theme, and content bugs in separate projects to minimize noise. On the other hand, there are benefits to consolidating all the bugs in one place as it gives the theme and tools work more visibility.

Cheers,
Brian

Hey!

So, updating the contributor guide is not a drama but I agree we need to consolidate on a place to file the bugs. In fairness, moving the Sec-Guide bugs out to the ossg-security-doc Launchpad made sense as the Security Team wished to take ownership of the guide.

Doc tools (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?field.tag=doc-tools), theme (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?field.tag=openstackdocstheme), and builds (https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bugs?field.tag=doc-builds) make up a small portion of our bug count (~20).

Some of these bugs have been sitting in our (manuals) bug queue for quite some time. That being said, there’s another ~30 in the tools Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-doc-tools

Basically, I’m not entirely too sure what would be the best course of action. Either option makes sense. If, historically speaking, Anne has targeted our tools/theme bug queue to go into a particular Launchpad – perhaps we should be using this?

Cheers,

Alex