[OpenStack-docs] Release name in the background

Brian Moss kallimachos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:36:48 UTC 2016

On 8 September 2016 at 13:55, Ian Y. Choi <ianyrchoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> After seeing the mail thread, I have a question on sphinxmark and building
> PDFs.
>
> Now I would like to generate PDF files using the same rst sources.
> Currently the spec https://review.openstack.org/#/c/364477/ is under
> review,
> and at the same time, I am experiencing rst2pdf Sphinx extension on my
> local environment.
>
> Then, sphinxmark will also support watermarks for PDFs?
> Although I would leave watermarks in PDFs as out of scope in the spec,
> if the support of PDF watermarks is possible, then I would like to also
> consider to include watermarks in PDFs.

Hi Ian,

I don't think that sphinxmark would currently work with rst2pdf, as it
applies the watermark by adding a bit of custom CSS to the HTML theme. That
said, rst2pdf has an option to add custom pdf stylesheets so I imagine
sphinxmark could do something similar for PDFs.

As you can see from the thread, we still have some design work to do on the
watermarks. When that gets finished we can look into adding PDF support so
the HTML and PDF output match. It will probably be easier to do as well
when you've implemented the spec.

Cheers,

Brian