[OpenStack-docs] hyphens for file names

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Mon Jul 18 20:37:49 UTC 2016

Anne,

Do you want me to take care of the networking guide? I am not sure we have or not changes required but I can cover that one for you.

Edgar

On 7/18/16, 1:30 PM, "Anne Gentle" <annegentle at justwriteclick.com> wrote:

    I kept trying to put this off, but... I think I'll dive right in.

    I see we have style guidance to use hyphens for file names [1], but in
    the repo, there are still RST files with underscores in the names. I'm
    sure it's due to the original xml:id having underscores.

    I can take on the task of renaming, and I'd like to write a spec to
    make sure I don't miss anything: Cross reference links? Redirects?
    Tackle the work a guide at a time? Finding other contributors who hate
    inconsistency? Timing with the release? Making sure we really want
    this? :)

    Does a spec sound good? Or can you convince me this change isn't worth
    the effort?

    1. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__docs.openstack.org_contributor-2Dguide_docs-2Dstructure.html-23file-2Dnaming-2Dconventions&d=CwICAg&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=G0XRJfDQsuBvqa_wpWyDAUlSpeMV4W1qfWqBfctlWwQ&m=6jzDRLHR1t3inoFcEhm0y_cruP4bq_URunpGR2owTEw&s=dLkDEP7yLCaC-vWpQrJqYHivVzOCPONkc0I_i5LdUDQ&e=
    --
    Anne Gentle
    www.justwriteclick.com