[OpenStack-docs] Better way to display shell commands

Joseph Robinson joseph.robinson at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jul 5 22:34:44 UTC 2016

Reply inline -->

On 6/07/2016, 8:16 AM, "Caballero Abraham, Rodrigo"
<rodrigo.caballero.abraham at intel.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I would give it +1 but I see two issues.
>1. code-block:: bash must be changed globally to prompt:: and that is a
>major undertaking affecting basically all projects. Otherwise, we would
>be building an inconsistency on purpose.
>2. There are two types of commands, sudo/admin and user. Prompt can
>handle this but it does mean that we need to be extra careful when
>replacing the code-block directives.
>
>A script could handle the replacements automatically but we would need to
>debug after the replacement.

I am good to volunteer to help out with the debugging effort, if we go
ahead with the new prompt markup.

Best Regards,

Joe Robinson
Information Developer II