[OpenStack-docs] Frequent "RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp" in checkbuild

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jan 13 12:56:31 UTC 2016

building cli-ref-rst we see quite often now:

  Exception occurred:
  File
"/home/jenkins/workspace/gate-openstack-manuals-tox-doc-publish-checkbuild/.tox/checkbuild/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sphinx/environment.py",
line 697, in read_doc
  pickle.dump(doctree, f, pickle.HIGHEST_PROTOCOL)
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp

Is the guide too complex now? Or do we need to raise the recursion-depth
has suggested in [1]?

I cannot reproduce this locally and would appreciate if somebody looks
closer into this,

Andreas

[1]

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2134706/hitting-maximum-recursion-depth-using-pythons-pickle-cpickle