[OpenStack-docs] [api] displaying useful docs from Swagger files

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Feb 26 03:50:26 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-25 15:42:36 -0600 (-0600), Anne Gentle wrote:
[...]
> We have been pondering whether we should just consume projects in
> the swagger-ui and OpenAPI community versus maintaining our own.
[...]

I vaguely recall Monty having some suggestions around this. One of
the more promising ideas which got floated was that a CI job could
set up whatever that existing API doc generating service was on a
single-use worker's loopback interface, scrape the dynamic content
from it locally, and then publish it somewhere more durable as
regular static files.

I agree with Michael, when possible we should avoid dynamically
generating content on the servers where it's published. Ideally
dynamic backends would be limited to "smart" content such as the
interactive API demos you were brainstorming a while back, and would
run on dedicated systems separate from the static documentation
(stitched in via proxying or rewrites as needed).
--
Jeremy Stanley