[OpenStack-docs] Removal of DocBook XML toolchain - and trove

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Sat Apr 30 00:02:04 UTC 2016

Laurel,

we've discussed in Austin - also with Amrith - that we (docs team) will
soon remove the DocBook XML publishing toolchain. Currently, we're
converting the last manuals from DocBook XML to RST and once that is
done, none of our Newton deliverables will use DocBook XML.

We will continue using our tools on the kilo and liberty branches but
those are in maintenance and will not see much work. We will use a
frozen version of our toolchain for the builds until we abandon those
branches.

trove still has in apidocs an XML document that uses our toolchain.
Could you convert this to RST in this cycle, please? If there is
anything we can help you with, please ask - we can for sure explain out
what we did as conversion and help.

Looking at apidocs, it uses wadls etc. So, please check what Sean and
Anne are doing with api-site.

        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)