[OpenStack-docs] Image-Guide - Logging into Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL/Fedora Cloud Images

Matthew Dorn madorn at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:06:48 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wanted to gather input on whether we think it's worth mentioning that
there is no default password for majority of the cloud images, thus
requiring some other method of getting access, i.e. ssh-keypair injection,
modifying the image, etc.

I mention this because our team (Rackspace Training for OpenStack) spends a
lot of time explaining this to newcomers who only have experience with the
CirrOS images that contain default username/password.

http://docs.openstack.org/image-guide/content/ch_obtaining_images.html

https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1500697

Thanks!

Matt Dorn