[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] status of Debian

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Oct 13 15:59:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Matt Kassawara <mkassawara at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Without straying too far off-topic, the v1/v2 issues with cinder cause
> major headaches for the installation guide primarily because we can't get a
> consistent answer from the developers regarding the appropriate service
> entities and API endpoints. Furthermore, the gates often contain defunct
> configuration. For Kilo, I spent probably too much time finding a magic
> combination that worked for the conventional cinder client, OpenStack
> client, and nova. I found one... two service entities, cinder/volume and
> cinderv2/volumev2 with API endpoints that all contain /v2. As with every
> release, I attempted to determine the recommendations for Liberty which
> seem to involve removing the cinder/volume service entity and endpoints
> that contain /v1. The recommendations work for what the installation guide
> needs to accomplish. However, they break the OpenStack client.

I hope you can attend the cross-project sessions and report your findings:
DefCore
Service Catalog
Standard Deprecation Policy
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-cross-project-session-planning <<
draft schedule, should be finalized soon.

All are relevant to this discussion.

> Frankly, the only real solution to these perpetual problems involves
> cinder (including services that use it) and clients supporting one
> cinder/volume service entity and endpoints without a specific version in
> them. The magic combination seems to work in Liberty, so I can update the
> cinder content to use it again.

Okay, that sounds like the best way forward. My understanding is that the
v1 removal was reversed.

Anne

--
Anne Gentle