[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] status of Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Oct 13 13:55:31 UTC 2015

On 10/13/2015 03:02 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> As I wrote in a comment on the patch, why not simply install and
> configure Apache separately like we do for all the other distributions
> that don't package it with keystone?

I have added a wsgi-keystone.conf file in the Keystone package, and now,
the only thing you have to do in Debian to get Keystone to use Apache, is:

- disable the .service file (with: systemctl disable keystone)
- enable the wsgi-keystone.conf (a2ensite wsgi-keystone.conf and
restarting apache)

> Also, keystone isn't my only concern. I haven't seen any effort to test
> Debian

I'm hereby saying that I'll be working on this over the following weeks.
Please give me a chance, as I am finished with Liberty packaging. This
also helps me to improve the quality of Debian packages significantly by
discussing things with the doc people.

> with other significant changes for Liberty such as a completely
> different architecture with Linux bridge instead of OVS

Would you care to point me at the relevant changes? Can't we still use
OVS? I'm sorry, I may have missed a train here...

> use of only the keystone v3 API

As much as I could see, the v3 API has many problems, I'm not sure if it
is early enough to use it. If you think it is, then I'll try *more* to
use it and set that up as default in the Debian package.

> and removal of the cinder v1 API.

This is completely wrong. For what I could test using Tempest, if you
remove the v1 endpoint, Cinder simply fails in many ways. I would
strongly advise not to remove the v1 endpoint from the install-guide. If
you did already, then it should be reverted.

Matt, let's be constructive and not destructive this time, ok?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)