[OpenStack-docs] Style Question for Project Names

APlimpton aplimpton at gmail.com
Sat May 30 19:39:10 UTC 2015

Looks like HAProxy and other pieces that are sold separately or trademarked
should follow their own standard for capitalization (per IBM style guide
again).

Thanks for the support, Meg :) Funny enough I thought this was going to be
more of a case where most everyone had shifted to using the initial
uppercase and the Conventions page just hadn't been updated to reflect it.
Sorry to be putting a ripple in the pond.

Given that it goes against general usage and most style guides, it would
beneficial to know why the proper noun is being lowercased. I get the need
to avoid making Everything Look Important, and wholeheartedly agree, but
this is specifically for one small set of names. OpenStack gets two
capitalizations, the projects functional names and all the releases have a
initial one. We clearly didn't disapprove of them in general, so why here?

Side note: Since we have a rule for sentence capitalization for headings,
would it be okay for me to add that to the Conventions page? I don't see
any mention of it.

Thanks,
Amanda