[OpenStack-docs] Wrapup - Liberty Design Summit

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Thu May 28 14:35:26 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 03:29 PM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 02:59 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>> There is a contributor guide already:
>>
>>    http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html
>>
>> A documentation specific addentum to it or an extension to it would be
>> nice indeed - and a spec should indeed be written,
>
> I think we are talking about different documents at the moment.
>
> I am talking about converting the following wiki pages into an OpenStack
> Documentation Guide:
>
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers
>
> Followed by everything inside the
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation namespace.
>
> I think this content is not related to the developers guide, is it?

I think the following are duplicates - and if there's generic content in
it that's needed, move it to the Developer's guide:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers#Set_up_for_contribution

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers#Set_up_git_and_git_review

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers#Set_up_ssh

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers#Set_up_repositories_and_work_locally

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers#Accessing_Gerrit_over_HTTP.2FHTTPS

The HowTo page also contains duplicates.

But I'm fine with moving content from the wiki elsewhere as long as we
have no duplication,

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)