[OpenStack-docs] Anchor tag conventions

Meg McRoberts dreidellhasa at yahoo.com
Thu May 14 23:05:59 UTC 2015

So it's okay to use hyphens rather than underscores in file names?  The last line of "Source File Names" inhttps://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Structure
 says "Continue to use underbar as the space delimiter."  May I modify the spec?  And then I will rename theha-guide files before they get merged.

I guess it is just me who thought that each file should have a label/anchor for the top-level heading.  Andreas said thatwe can use "doc" to reference these docs instead.  My problem is that I have never been able to figure out whatto use as the file name for :doc: -- the Sphinx documentation doesn't make sense to me.
Is there a reason we are using the term "anchor" instead of the term "label" that the Sphinx/RST docs use?

And do we need conventions for the content of labels/anchors?  The ha-guide is in its own repo so I don't anticipateany problems but it might be good to have some sort of convention since a label/anchor must be unique for the entireset -- I can see the potential for conflicts on terms like install, troubleshoot, et cetera...
meg