[OpenStack-docs] HELP! Can't build docs locally

Deepti Navale dnavale at redhat.com
Tue May 12 02:30:33 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I was working on an update for the Config ref guide, half way through the local build, my system rebooted as a result of something else I was working on.

When I tried to go back to the change once my machine was up again, I start getting this error:

➜  config-reference git:(dell-eql-logic-support) git s
error: object file .git/objects/91/051c2e90e25467b75a58806b0258824be06d40 is empty
error: object file .git/objects/91/051c2e90e25467b75a58806b0258824be06d40 is empty
fatal: loose object 91051c2e90e25467b75a58806b0258824be06d40 (stored in .git/objects/91/051c2e90e25467b75a58806b0258824be06d40) is corrupt

I could not use any git commands, change to master or delete this branch. On searching online, I found that the best way to tackle this would be to clone the repo again. I removed my existing repo and re-cloned it, set gerrit as remote and updated the ssh key.

Then I created a new branch and updated the changes, but when I try to build locally for review, I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.rackspace.cloud.api:clouddocs-maven-plugin:2.1.4:generate-webhelp (generate-webhelp) on project openstack-config-reference: A type incompatibility occured while executing com.rackspace.cloud.api:clouddocs-maven-plugin:2.1.4:generate-webhelp: cannot assign instance of org.apache.fop.fonts.FontTriplet to field org.apache.fop.fonts.FontTriplet.style of type java.lang.String in instance of org.apache.fop.fonts.FontTriplet

I've attached file for complete error log. I've tried the following solutions suggested by various team members - remove and re-install the maven package, delete the cache and run the 'maven' command again, but none of these options have helped.

Can you please let me know if you have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Deepti

--
Deepti Navale