[OpenStack-docs] "logical" vs "conceptual" architecture of Openstack - what does it mean?

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Mon May 4 11:58:39 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 01:53 PM, Bernd Bausch wrote:
> Can anybody provide insight what this distinction "logical/conceptual" is
> supposed to mean? I am asking because I plan to rewrite the text on the
> "logical" page.

In my understanding conceptual is the top view and logical is the bottom
view.

Conceptual only shows the components as a black box (Neutron for
networking, Nova for compute, ..).

Logical shows the comonents as a white box.

Btw. the logcial architecture graphic should be reworked. Would be nice
to use the same style like for the conceptual architecture graphic there.

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect