[OpenStack-docs] Deprecate or remove the Keystone CLI documentation

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 15:13:54 UTC 2015

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Deprecate or remove the Keystone CLI documentation?
>       (Christian Berendt)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 16:58:35 +0100
> From: Christian Berendt <christian at berendt.io>
> To: "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org"
>         <Openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>
> Subject: [OpenStack-docs] Deprecate or remove the Keystone CLI
>         documentation?
>
> The Keystone CLI will be deprecated.
>
> Should we remove the CLI documentation
> (
> http://docs.openstack.org/cli-reference/content/keystoneclient_commands.html
> )
> or should we add a deprecation note?

I think a deprecation note should remain for 2 releases, because that's
what we want to communicate for end-user facing things like the API or
logging notices. I can't find a governance reference right now but I'm
going with the security-supported idea. So considering that people may be
on Icehouse clouds, let's keep these commands around with a note for
another year.

Does that work?

Anne