[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Meeting notes, 2 June 2015

Christian Berendt christian at berendt.io
Mon Jun 8 10:30:03 UTC 2015

On 06/02/2015 03:51 PM, Karin Levenstein wrote:
> Attendees: Karin Levenstein, Lana Brindley, Andreas Jaeger, Matt
> Kassawara, Harry Sutton

On vacation last week.

> RHEL/CentOS/Fedora: Matt has been testing CentOS and RHEL and Bernd is
> also planning to do so; Christian looking into Fedora 22

Fedora 22 was released after Kilo and we should test it for Liberty.

> Andreas suggests simplifying the conditionals; instead of a condition
> tag per OS, we should narrow it down to three groups: Fedora-like,
> Ubuntu-like, SUSE-like. Exact names TBD. (Suggestions welcome.)

Good idea. I would prefer to use the distribution names. "fedora-based",
"opensuse-based", "ubuntu-based". Or simply "fedora", "opensuse", and
"ubuntu".

> Debian remains dropped until the RST conversion is complete. Further
> details and discussion about how Debian will be managed going forward
> are pending.

Does this mean that we have to migrate the Debian parts from XML to RST
or will Debian be re-added after the migration?

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Computing Solution Architect