[OpenStack-docs] RST procedure titles

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jul 29 06:26:44 UTC 2015

On 2015-07-29 02:33, Brian Moss wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> During the RST conversions, I've come across a few different ways of
> representing procedure titles.  There is no guidance currently in the
> conventions doc.

This is semantic markup

> is usually converted to either:
>
> **To do a thing**

This is visual markup.

> or
>
> To do a thing

This is semantic markup.

We prefer semantic over visual markup in general and that's why I gave a
-1. Also, I did not recognize directly that this is a procedure, so
using just bold confuses.

For me, it's not clear why a procedure should be bold on it's own and
not be a title.

Andreas