[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Team meeting 21 July

Karin Levenstein karin.levenstein at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Jul 21 15:04:58 UTC 2015

Clarification: in "busy and don't have time for it" below, "it" = "making a list of unconverted files in preparation for the sprint", not the sprint itself. :)

From: Karin Levenstein <karin.levenstein at rackspace.com<mailto:karin.levenstein at rackspace.com>>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 8:38 AM
To: "openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-docs at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Team meeting 21 July

** NOTE: We need a hand in prepping for the conversion sprint. See below. **

Attendees
=====
Alexander Adamov, Matt Kassawara, Karin Levenstein, Pranav Salunke

Conversion status & sprint
=====
Conversion sprint [1] starts 22 July 1500 UTC and ends 24 July 1500 UTC - sign up on the sprint etherpad [2].
**Before we begin, we need an audit of what hasn't been converted yet.**
Pranav has offered to help, but additional hands are welcome. Matt and I are busy and don't have the time for it, so if you can, please pitch in.
You can create a list of unconverted files on the sprint etherpad. [2] The list of converted/in progress files is on the migration page [3].

New meeting schedule
=====
Starting in August, I'd like to start having alternating meeting times.
We'll keep the 1st/3rd Tuesday of each month at current time.
2nd/4th Tuesday should be APAC-available - please send feedback on what times would be ideal. If we settle on a time that's any later than 2300 UTC, we'll need someone in APAC to run those meetings.

Training labs
=====
Pranav has been talking to Lana about moving the labs folder from the training guides to a separate repo.
Updates to the labs will be made in sync with updates to the install guide.
The labs should be useful in testing the install guide-scripts will be available, and the labs will also allow testers to set up environments to test specific tools as well.

Debian
=====
Alex has updated the Debian etherpad with his latest findings and Matt's bug fix notes[4]. Planning to start Debian conversion efforts with the Debconf chapter.

[1] Sprint info: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VirtualSprints#Installation_guide_conversion_from_DocBook_to_RST
[2] Sprint etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/installguide-rst-virtual-sprint
[3] List of files in progress/done: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/Migrate#Installation_Guide_Migration
[4] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Debian_Install_Guide_-_Changes_ToDo

--
Karin K. Levenstein
Manager, Rackspace Private Cloud Documentation, US