[OpenStack-docs] keep or replace the word "useable" ? on OpenStack Operations Guide

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Tue Jul 21 08:21:04 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 10:11 AM, Atsushi SAKAI wrote:
> Hello
>
> Should I keep or replace the word "useable"?
> ===
>    Place the tenant ID in a useable variable, as follows:
> ===
>
> Chapter 9. Managing Projects and Users
> http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/projects_users.html
>
> I am wondering to see following article.
> Is 'useable' preferred in certain regions, or just an alternate spelling of 'usable'?
> http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/69709/is-useable-preferred-in-certain-regions-or-just-an-alternate-spelling-of-usa

Let's use "usable", I think it's a misspelling. In general we use the
IBM Style Guide as reference and that one lists only "usable", see the
Online Glossary at
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/terminology/u.html

But looking at your text, I wonder whether we shouldn't remove it
completely. "place the ID in a variable" is good, I don't see what a
"usable variable" is,

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)