[OpenStack-docs] Doc Commits and Stackalytics; Current vs. Trunk

Matt Kassawara mkassawara at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 04:08:31 UTC 2015

Tamara,

I'm not sure exactly how or when Stackalytics updates different statistics,
but I've periodically noticed similar issues.

For documentation such as the installation guide that follow releases
rather than continuous publication, you can check out other branches or
tags using the following command:

git checkout remotes/origin/<branch or tag>

For example, to check out the stable/juno branch:

git checkout remotes/origin/stable/juno

Additionally, if you want to work on bug #123456 for this branch:

git checkout -b bug/123456 remotes/origin/stable/juno

We're trying to keep the Juno and trunk versions of the installation guide
in sync until Kilo packages become available. In this situation, when you
want to fix a bug in Juno, apply the patch to trunk and add "backport:
juno" in the commit message to tag it for backporting. When you want to fix
a bug in Icehouse, apply the patch to stable/icehouse.

Matt