[OpenStack-docs] Doc Commits and Stackalytics; Current vs. Trunk

Johnston, Tamara Tamara.Johnston at emc.com
Thu Jan 15 03:48:24 UTC 2015

Good evening, team.  I have a couple questions that I wasn’t able to find an answer to when searching through the docs available online.

  *   Doc commits and stackalytics – I’m curious why the commit I submitted and that was merged on Friday is showing up in stackalytics yet the other commits I submitted that were merged on Monday, such as https://review.openstack.org/#/c/146590/, are not showing up in my stats even though stackalytics is accurately reflecting my other stats (I.e filed bugs and review stats that I’ve had activity on as recent as yesterday).  I know that it takes a little time for stackalytics to sync up but given that my other stats are updating yet my commit/LOC stats are not updating I’m curious why that is the case.  https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+project:openstack/openstack-manuals+branch:master,n,z and http://stackalytics.com/?company=emc&metric=commits&release=all&user_id=tamara-k
  *   Current vs. trunk docs – Can someone point me to a reference that I can review to help advise me on how to clone a repository for a certain branch and/or how to cherry pic a commit to a certain branch?  I’ve read https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo/FirstTimers and https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo but I need a little bit of guidance (or hand holding ;).  While I’ve been contributing to the admin doc I’m working on a couple bugs related to the current/Juno and trunk/Kilo install guides but I’m having a little difficulty in understanding how to clone the appropriate branch.  Feel free to DM / email me directly if you have any guidance.

Regards,

Tamara Johnston
Senior Manager, Professional Services
Emerging Technologies Division