[OpenStack-docs] Usage of OmniGraffle

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 8 09:43:20 UTC 2015

On 01/08/2015 09:26 AM, Tom Fifield wrote:
> * Is the additional complexity of differing 'source' and 'use' locations
> worthwhile?

I think so because at the moment all graphics (source and rendered) life
inside documentation repositories without any specific convention.

For example the graphics of image-guide are located in a directory
figures, the graphics of arch-design are located in a directory images.

Also there are a lot of screenshots out of date. This should be
discussed, too. There are tools like http://phantomjs.org/ to automate
screen capturing. This way we could keep screenshots up to date.

> * Is increasing the number of places needing to be changed for a fix
> justified?

We have a lot of documentation repostiories and at the moment it is hard
to find the source of a specific graphic or a specific graphic itself.
For example there is only one Graffle file in arch-design but a lot of
PNG files.