[OpenStack-docs] Usage of OmniGraffle

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jan 8 08:26:58 UTC 2015

On 08/01/15 16:12, Christian Berendt wrote:
> On 01/08/2015 06:28 AM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>> This sounds like a good idea, as long as it's spelled graphics. :)
>
> I will prepare a new repository called "graphics".

I think it's wise to look at the downsides and benefits of any approach
that changes the contribution process, before swiftly enacting them.

Example things to consider might be:

* Is the additional complexity of differing 'source' and 'use' locations
worthwhile?

* Is increasing the number of places needing to be changed for a fix
justified?

* How do contributors who make diagrams feel about this new approach?

* What other approaches are available? What benefits does this approach
have over those?

* How will the changes be communicated? What HowToContribute guides
needs to be updated?

Regards,

Tom