[OpenStack-docs] How to triage bugs for 3rd party drivers?

Gauvain Pocentek gauvain.pocentek at objectif-libre.com
Thu Dec 17 07:49:32 UTC 2015

Le 2015-12-12 19:35, Andreas Jaeger a écrit :
> How should we triage bugs for 3rd party drivers - since we do not
> document them at all.
>
> For drivers where a vendor signed up at
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/VendorDrivers , we could
> assign bugs directly to the contact address.

+1

Set a low priority by default?

> For new drivers, I consider marking them as pure wishlist.

+1

We could assign the bug to the commiter, with a message telling him/her
to assign someone else if he/she can't take care of the doc patch.
Without assignee the bug will never be taken care of.

> Just two examples, the first is a new driver, the second includes a
> regeneration of our tables at minimum (not sure whether further
> documentation is needed):
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1524156
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1524150
>
> So, table regeneration is something we can do for both. But how
> should these two triaged in the best way?

We have a tag for automatic table generation
(autogenerate-config-docs). The patch handling the options should at
least provide a partial-bug tag in the commit message.

Gauvain