[OpenStack-docs] Status of the Debian install-guide

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Dec 1 09:00:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I believe I did enough work so that the Debian install-guide could be
published again. Though it's probably not up to me to say, I still want
to discuss what is the remaining work to be done.

The biggest work that is needed is probably back-porting what I wrote in
the stable/liberty branch. Is there an easy way for me to list what has
not reached that branch? I'd need help to find out.

Then, the last remaining batch of patches need to go through, though I
don't think there will be any controversy (mainly, I've added debian
next to ..only:: ubuntu).

Last, I will need to fix the Keystone part, so that it will be possible
to install it with Apache: currently, the install-guide only shows the
eventlet stuff, and for consistency, it needs to be like the other guides.

I don't think any of the above is a blocker (but probably the backports).

Could you guys give me your point of view?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)