[OpenStack-docs] New name for the labs section form training-guides

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Aug 27 12:39:02 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:33 AM, Pranav Salunke <dguitarbite at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As I was being informed by Anne Gentle in yesterdays IRC meeting that it
> is not possible to use the name "OpenStack-Labs", I am in a fix now and
> need to come up with a new name for the project. The name
> "training-labs" sounds like a good idea but our team is redefining the
> scope of this project and trying to make it visible and useful for many
> more use-cases including training.

It's that it's redundant now that stackforge is retiring. So you end up
with <giturl>/openstack/openstack-

I know we already do that for openstack-manuals which is kinda silly. :)

I think you can call it labs.

> I have one confusion: Is the word "openstack" with lowercase still
> allowed to be used as repository name? Is that possible? If so naming
> the project and repository as "openstack-labs" would be really preferred
> by our team. I see that there are some existing projects which has the
> naming scheme 'openstack-*' ... Some clues here would be really handy.

OpenStack, with that capitalization is a protected brand. It's the
redundancy that's avoidable here.

Anne

  Regards,
Pranav