[OpenStack-docs] RST, release_name follow-up

Karen Bradshaw kbhawkey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 00:54:32 UTC 2015

Thanks for the release name and RST substitution information.
So far, I found that there are two RST variables available for setting in
conf.py,
rst_epilog and rst_prolog.  These variables provide a 'global' substitution
variable to each file in the project.  I tested this and it works.

For instance, in conf.py set the variable:

rst_prolog = """
.. |release_name| replace:: liberty
"""

You can then use |release_name| in the RST files.
I have not been able to get it to work in code blocks, though.  With just
URL strings, the substitution works except the substituted string is not
highlight like the rest of the link.  It might be easier to process the RST
files for release name strings and simply replace with the current release
name just before publish time.
-Karen