[OpenStack-docs] Config Reference Editing?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Tue Aug 11 23:20:01 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

Thanks for asking.

Technically you can edit some of the files in the doc/config-reference
directory and technically the auto-generated tables are in
doc/common/tables.

However, any tables in the Config Ref output are auto-generated using
openstack-doc-tools. If you want to change them, run that tool locally,
then propose a patch with the results. Instructions for the table
generation are here:

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-doc-tools/tree/master/autogenerate_config_docs

Feel free to ask about flagmappings if you're unsure about a category.

Looks like you were able to patch the Ops Guide repo, and openstack-manuals
works the same way for patches and reviews.

Let us know how it goes.
Anne

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 6:10 PM, Matthew Dorn <madorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just started contributing to the docs and I was told that we do not
> directly edit anything inside doc/config-reference? Can anyone elaborate or
> point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt

Anne Gentle