[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide][User Guides] Glance v2 documentation?

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Sun Apr 12 13:35:14 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 8:24 AM, Bernd Bausch <berndbausch at gmail.com> wrote:

> Glance has a v2 API which is quite different from v1. There seems to be
> some
> controversy about it, as evidenced by Monty Taylor's message on this
> mailing
> list.
>
> My first question is whether there are any ongoing efforts to document the
> v2 version of the glance CLI client for end users and admin users.

CLI docs are auto-generated only currently, it would be great to add
specific scenarios to the End User Guide:
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/cli_manage_images.html

After this Thursday's i18N meeting we should have a date for the RST
content to go live, so you may want to wait a week to dig in there so you
don't have to do both XML and RST content in the same patch.

> Second question: Is there any recommendation which version should be used
> now and for Kilo?

The Install Guide Spec has Image Service v2 API as a targeted change.
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/docs-specs/specs/kilo/installguide-kilo.html

> Background: I am currently looking at the install guide and wonder whether
> it should promote v1 or v2. And if v2, I would need some help describing
> the
> CLI workflows.

Thanks for digging in! Great stuff.

Anne