[OpenStack-docs] [install-guide] Ubuntu updates for Kilo blocked on bug #1439280

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Mon Apr 6 21:34:58 UTC 2015

Hi Matt,

Are you running this nested in a VM by chance (that is using qemu w/o kvm acceleration)? I ask because in this case I would expect this line in the guest XML is causing it to fail:

     <vcpu placement='static' cpuset='0-1'>1</vcpu>

...as qemu does not support pinning when kvm isn't available. What's not clear to me is why the Ubuntu version would be adding this line since it sounds like master/kilo-3 is behaving correctly per the spec (only adding these lines where the user explicitly requests direct pinning of CPUs on the image or flavor [1]).

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/juno/approved/virt-driver-cpu-pinning.html