[OpenStack-docs] Call for Sphinx help: tag generation

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Mon Apr 6 12:19:10 UTC 2015

We've discussed some time ago to have tags for the User Guides (or
perhaps even global - but let's start with these Guides for now).

So, each file could be marked with some tags like (added only to
cli_create_and_manage_networks.rst in my patch):
.. tags:: Networking, Image_Service

Then, those tags are collected and we generate tag files that contain
references - like an index - to all files using the particular tag.

A first patch is up at:

https://review.openstack.org/170826

I'm a Sphinx novice, so this builds but is not nice. The tables are
generated using "create_tags.py" but the original pages contain just a
simple text without any links.

For the "Every page is a page one" fans, please review my patch and see
whether it is a step in the right direction.

For the Sphinx experts: Enhancing my patch so that it generates links to
the tag files, would be very welcome,

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)