[OpenStack-docs] Next steps to publish the User Guides?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Apr 3 19:15:59 UTC 2015

On 04/03/2015 09:14 PM, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 04/03/2015 09:07 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM, Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse.com
>> <mailto:aj at suse.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     One question that I added to the wiki page:
>>
>>     Where shall we publish the guides? Should we use the same structure
>>     as before - or use a different one?
>>

>> I really want to get rid of the extra /content/ directory! Looking
>> forward to that.
>>
>> What about publishing both docbook and rst for a while, so:
>>
>> docbook to http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide-admin/content/
>> docbook to http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/
>>
>> while simultaneously publishing
>>
>> RST to http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/admin
>> RST to http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/
>>
>> or something like that? Then we flip the switch by just updating the
>> sitemap and .htaccess?
>
> OK, let me try that...

Currently:
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide
redirects directly to
http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/content/index.html

So, we cannot publish both.

let me publish temporarily to
http://docs.openstack.org/draft/user-guide

> I'll update my patch for that:
> https://review.openstack.org/170584
>
>> Alternative would be publishing RST to
>> http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide-admin/
>> http://docs.openstack.org/user-guide/ but that seems confusing possibly.
>> Other ideas?
>
> Andreas

    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild, Dilip Upmanyu,
        Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)