[Openstack-docs] Installation guide updates for Juno

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Thu Sep 11 07:48:50 UTC 2014

On 09/10/2014 08:17 PM, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> 3) Open vSwitch adds another level of complexity to already difficult
> networking concepts, particularly with troubleshooting. Linux Bridge
> provides a reliable alternative that reduces complexity, but DVR doesn't
> support it. Should we add instructions for deploying Linux Bridge as an
> alternative to Open vSwitch?

As an alternative I would like to see linux bridges. But please do not
remove instructions for Open vSwitch.

> 5) I'm seeing more deployments moving from novnc to spice consoles.
> Should we configure spice instead of novnc?

As an alternative I would like to see Spice. But I think we should not
remove instructions for noVNC.

> 6) I'm seeing more deployments moving from MySQL to MariaDB. Ubuntu
> 14.04 offers MariaDB 5.5 which more or less clones MySQL 5.5 including
> the configuration files. I suspect RHEL 7, Fedora, and other RPM
> distributions also offer MariaDB packages. Should we change all
> distributions to MariaDB?

We should move to MariaDB. Because SLE11 does not include MariaDB we
have to wait for SLE12 (at least for SLE).

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Cloud Solution Architect