[Openstack-docs] Installation guide updates for Juno

Phil Hopkins phil.hopkins at rackspace.com
Wed Sep 10 19:51:57 UTC 2014

Matt,

My thoughts:
1. I believe bus will be easier to track but it means for a lot of bugs to be created.

2. For now lets keep the DVR stuff in the Networking/admin guide. It avoids massive changes to the install guides - for now.

3. I really like using Linux Bridge over OVS, but again I think minimizing changes to the install guide will help use get something usable by Juno release. Lets look at adding that material later.

4. make it flat.

5. Again my preference is to get Juno install done first. Add new material later. SPICE would be a ggod change but lets roll that out later. novnc woks fine for now.

 6. We need to go to MariaDB (RHEL7 only has MariaDB). Again lets plan on moving but it doesn't need to be done on first release.

I know this seems like I am in favor of putting everything off, but I want us to have a workable manual out on Juno release time. I don't see any of these items as necessary on release date.

Phil Hopkins RHCA CMDBA
Openstack Instructor
Rackspace Hostingtm
(210) 312-3584