[Openstack-docs] Minimum time before approving a review request

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Mon Sep 8 19:30:04 UTC 2014

On 09/08/2014 02:23 PM, Christian Berendt wrote:
> I would like to propose the introduction of a minimum time before
> approving a new review request.
>
> Example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/119783/
>
> Uploaded: Sep 8, 2014 4:59 PM
> First +2: 6:10 PM
> Second +2: 8:15 PM
> Approval: 8:16 PM
>
> I think we should wait at least 24 hours before approving a new review
> request (exception: urgent or generated changes). This way everybody of
> us has the chance to realize and review new review requests.
>
> Christian.

I'm curious what problem you're trying to solve with this. To me, it
looks like responsiveness to a patch and quick turnaround. What does it
look like to you? Do you feel it had insufficient oversight?

I've never been part of an Open Source project where anyone felt that we
should take *longer* to close tickets or respond to patches.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison
http://openstack.redhat.com/