[Openstack-docs] Minimum time before approving a review request

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Mon Sep 8 18:30:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM, Christian Berendt <berendt at b1-systems.de>
wrote:

> I would like to propose the introduction of a minimum time before
> approving a new review request.
>
> Example: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/119783/
>
> Uploaded: Sep 8, 2014 4:59 PM
> First +2: 6:10 PM
> Second +2: 8:15 PM
> Approval: 8:16 PM
>
> I think we should wait at least 24 hours before approving a new review
> request (exception: urgent or generated changes). This way everybody of
> us has the chance to realize and review new review requests.

Interesting proposal, we did not address in
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/ReviewGuidelines -- my
feeling is that we can't all review all patches so it's better to not
enforce a minimum wait time. The impatience people have with our reviews
should be reversed and we shouldn't have a policy of an enforced wait time.

To me, it's preferred to have hundreds of patches go through efficiently
rather than ensure everyone sees every patch.

Just my thinking though, would love to hear what others have to say.

Anne